Are you doing date nights at home? Why not add a little spice to date night by mixing up some margaritas edged with Tajin for two? We tried out the Smoky Tajin Margarita and gave it our highest rating: double-thumbs-up-yum!
Melissa here. One thing I’ve started doing for our date night drinks is prepping fresh squeezed juice and slicing fruit in advance. After all, it is the most labor intensive part of crafting cocktails and date nights are all about relaxing.
Smoky Tajin Margarita Ingredients for Two:
- 2 ounces lime juice
- 2 ounces blanco tequila. We love Tres Agaves Organic Blanco Tequila. It’s a great quality, has a smooth taste, and the price is right (around $30).
- 1 ounce orange liqueur. We use Grand Marnier.
- 1/2 ounce agave nectar.
- ¼ tsp of Tajin. I totally forgot to put this in the drink in the video! When we make the drinks for the show, it’s our first time crafting the cocktail we’re trying. I do my best to memorize the ingredients and the steps. Sometimes I miss something.
- Tajin for the rim. This step I did and it added an extra yum factor.
- 2 lime wedges for garnish
Smoky Tajin Drink-Making Instructions:
- Put Tajin seasoning onto a small plate.
- Slice into each of the lime wedge garnishes. Use one to coat the rim of both glasses with lime juice.
- Dip the rims of the glasses into the Tajin seasoning.
- Add a few cubes of ice to each glass.
- Put lime juice, blanco tequila, Grand Marnier, agave nectar and tajin into the shaker.*
- Then, add in the ice with care. I used to do ice first to keep from making a mess. Then, I realized that Chris and I have a habit of chatting, or getting distracted. Ice melts fast in liquor, so now I add the ice last.
- Shake for at least 20 seconds. The outside of the shaker should get cold.
- Strain an equal amount into each glass.
- Garnish each with a lime wedge.
Results: Double thumbs up yum!
Difficulty Level: Easy-peasy.
We hope you have a wonderful time making and enjoying these delicious drinks! We’d love to see your results, so please tag us @the_chrimel_show on Instagram.
Please note that the link below is an affiliate link. At no additional cost to you, we earn a commission if you make a purchase. We would never recommend anything we don’t personally love, and the income goes to keeping this site updated and free for everyone!
* We use The Boston Shaker Set (https://amzn.to/3fCZofg).