Are you doing date nights at home? Make date night extra special by mixing up date night drinks for two at home! We tried out The Tequila Honeysuckle and gave it our highest rating: double-thumbs-up-yum!
Melissa here. I first noticed The Tequila Honeysuckle drink recipe in a Town & Country article featuring a variety of tasty beverages. Then, I noticed a bunch of Tequila Honeysuckle recipes on the interwebs. Since I’m always making craft cocktails for two, this recipe is for two.
Tequila Honeysuckle Ingredients for Two:
- 3 ounces blanco tequila. We love Tres Agaves Organic Blanco Tequila. It’s a great quality, has a smooth taste, and the price is right (around $30).
- 1.5 ounces honey syrup*. We recommend using real, pure, local honey. For this drink we used The Bee Shed‘s Minnesota Wildflower Honey.
- 1.5 ounces fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 slices of lime for garnish
*Honey syrup is easy to make. Just make sure you use hot water. Some recipes call for warm water, but I’ve found that hot water is easier. To make honey syrup mix two parts honey to one part water. If you’ll be having a couple of rounds, or want some for later in the week, you could mix 6 Tbsp. of honey and 3 Tbsp. hot water. If that’s too sweet for you, you could mix them in equal parts or reverse the ratio. I accidentally reversed the ratio when we first made this drink and the drinks still tasted great. Just not as sweet.
The first time we made the drink was for the video. We tend to record our leisure testing without knowing the results ahead of time – unless there’s a recipe we love already and really want to share.
When it comes to lime juice nothing beats the taste of a fresh squeezed lime. The slight workout that an old school juicer requires is great for burning a calorie, or two before drinks and dinner.
Tequila Honeysuckle Drink-Making Instructions:
- Combine the ingredients and in a shaker.
- Add the ice. I’ve learned over time that adding the ice last can be best, because otherwise if Chris and I start talking before I start shaking it up it can get melty. Making drinks at home is not quite the same as bartending (a job I had long before craft cocktails were a thing).
- Shake it up. *
- Strain over two glasses as evenly as possible.
- Garnish with lime.
Leisure Testing Result: Double-Thumbs-Up Yum!
Difficulty Rating: Easy Peasy.
We hope you have a wonderful time making and enjoying these delicious drinks! We’d love to see your results, so please tag us @the_chrimel_show on Instagram.
Please note that the link below is an affiliate link. At no additional cost to you, we earn a commission if you make a purchase. We would never recommend anything we don’t personally love, and the income goes to keeping this site updated and free for everyone!
* We use The Boston Shaker Set (https://amzn.to/3fCZofg).